M Financial Group
American Benefit Corporation is a member of the prestigious M Financial Group, an exclusive network of the nation's most successful financial services firms.
With 140 Member Firms, M Financial Group is one of the nation's leading financial services design and distribution companies. Since 1978, M Financial's network of independent insurance, investment, and executive benefit firms has served the needs of ultra-affluent individuals, corporate executives, successful entrepreneurs, and Fortune 1000 companies.
M Financial Group's Member Firms are recognized in the wealth transfer, executive benefits, and wealth management markets. Through the relationships M Financial has established with major product manufacturers, including John Hancock, Nationwide, Pacific Life, Prudential, TIAA-CREF Life Insurance Company, and Unum, and the expertise of 140 leading independent financial services firms, Member Firms are positioned to deliver customized insurance, benefits, and investment solutions to meet the complex needs of their clients.
M Financial was founded on the principle that "off-the-shelf" products often do not meet the needs of the ultra-affluent and corporate markets. For more than 30 years, M Financial has worked closely with some of the nation's most prestigious insurance carriers and investment firms to pioneer some of the industry's most innovative solutions. The client base of Member Firms represents the experience of the ultra-affluent marketplace. Access to this experience data, combined with the collective buying power of these clients, translates into the ability to create proprietary products designed specifically for wealth preservation, wealth transfer, and executive benefits programs. These products are available exclusively to the clients of M Member Firms. In addition, M Holdings Securities, Inc., M Financial's full service broker/dealer, and M Wealth, M Financial's wealth management division, provide Member Firms with access to a wide variety of investment products and services.
M Financial Re, a life reinsurance company owned by M Financial stockholders, reinsures a large percentage of the business Member Firms write, providing Members with an equity stake in their business. M Financial Re also aligns the interests of producers and carriers for quality business and helps to facilitate strong relationships between Partner Carriers and M Financial. M Financial Re is a subsidiary of M Financial.
Working with an M Member Firm provides the assurance of working with true client advocates whose interests are aligned with those of their clients and who can provide truly customized approaches for specific client needs.
M Members represent some of the best and the brightest minds in the industry, and participate in a community of sharing that facilitates exchanges of new ideas and best practices. This collaboration demonstrates our commitment to continuously deliver significant value to Member Firm clients. Member Firms are also actively involved in preserving the ability of clients to effectively plan for the future.
- Twelve Member Firm Principals have served as President of the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU), the life insurance industry's preeminent advocacy organization; dozens more have served on the AALU Board and various committees.
- M Financial is the only independent producer organization that is an active member of the American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI).
Collectively, M Member Firms are among the largest buyers of insurance and financial products in the nation. In terms of purchasing power, M Financial's results tell the story. Since 1978, M Financial's sales have grown at a compound annual growth rate of 21%. In 2011, M Financial's sales (including life insurance, annuities, disability, and 401(k)) totaled $1.3 billion.
A Passion for Distinction
M Financial Group was founded on the principle that "off-the-shelf" products often do not meet the needs of ultra-affluent and corporate clients. Since 1978, M Financial has worked closely with some of the nation's most prestigious insurance carriers and investment firms to develop innovative products with features and flexible options that complement the needs and objectives of Member Firm clients.
Proprietary products are a natural fit for M Financial. Together, we apply industry best practices, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and consistently distinguish ourselves from the competition. We are creative and innovative, and are always looking for better ways to help Member Firms achieve their clients' goals. A number of factors drive M Financial's success with proprietary products, including:
- Relationships -The strong, long-term relationships Member Firms maintain with clients, and the deep partnerships M Financial has with a select group of Carriers, allow us to deliver product and service differentiation to Member Firms.
- Favorable Experience - With a credible experience pool that clearly reflects the extraordinary mortality, persistency, premium volume, and high average face amounts of ultra-affluent clients, M Financial is in the position to work with our Partner Carriers to develop proprietary products priced for the clients of Member Firms.
- Inforce Management -M Financial, together with Carriers, continuously monitors the service, experience, and performance of in-force business to ensure that proprietary products continue to be effective. As a result of this dedicated level of oversight, pricing enhancements, supported by experience data, have historically been applied to both new sales and in-force business, a principle that is rare in the industry.
M Financial's collective buying power and improved experience (mortality, persistency, and policy size) result in exclusive pricing for proprietary products available to Member Firm clients.
Favorable Experience Fundamentals
A History of Sustained Success
Proprietary products continue to be an essential part of M Financial's success. Since the first M proprietary product was introduced in 1996, M Financial's sales have grown at a compound annual rate of 12%. Overall, M Member Firms have more than $120 billion of face value in-force and manage client assets totaling more than $33 billion.
Carrier Alliances M Financial Group has strategic alliances with a select group of major insurance companies chosen for their financial strength, product performance, management accessibility and capabilities, dedication to the affluent market, and willingness to commit substantial resources to servicing the unique client needs of Member Firms. Click on a logo to visit one of M Financial Group's insurance carriers.
Information in this section is not considered to be a recommendation or offer to purchase any product.
Our Commitment to Inforce Management M Financial believes that performance and cost should be measured over the life of an insurance product, not with an initial illustration or the first year premium. This commitment to in-force management may be M Financial's most powerful differentiating characteristic. M Financial is unique in the industry in both philosophy and practice—providing this level of service to clients is rare.
M Financial Inforce Management Principals
- Collaborate with Partner Carriers and align interests and philosophy.
- Segregate M Financial's superior experience - do not dilute quality with data from non-Member Firm clients.
- Track experience and performance diligently.
- Work with Partner Carriers to pass on improvements in underlying experience to existing clients.
Please see the following PDF files for more information: